Saturday, October 30, 2010

How to make beanbags, Halloween style!

Bean Bag Toss Game
Hopefully my "lingo" won't be too confusing!
-First I made a set of 4 bean bags, nothing fancy, just got some black broadcloth and folded in half cut 4 squarish-rectangles(make sense?) :). I didn't measure, just kinda of eyeballed it. This made 1 front and 1 back (8 total) pieces.
I kept the 2 pieces together that were cut together, 1 for front, 1 for back. I sewed 3 sides of those pieces together, and part of the 4th side making sure to leave an opening for beans. I went over the stitch again just to reinforce the durability of the beanbag. Do this will all 4 beanbags.
I then pulled them inside right(hiding my seams inside)
I then added the beans to about 3/4 full.
Then I just got a needle and thread, and tied a knot at one end and started sewing up my seam. Not sure if you can tell but I folded down the opening so when it was sewed shut the the edge would be inside leaving a cleaner line.
All sewed up and ready to play (don't mind the lint from my carpet...I was too lazy to do this at a table!
After I made the bean bags, I went and got my orange felt. I just bought this off the roll at Hobby Lobby. I got a sharpie and marked it all up. 
 I then cut out the pumpkin shape, eyes, and mouth. This is large enough so the mouth spot and eyes can easily fit a bean bag tossed through.
 The only thing I didn't take a picture of was the rope I used because I had to go buy it after I made it. I just sewed it on the top 'left' and 'right' and bottom 'left' and 'right' of the round pumpkin so I could tie it up for the bean bag toss game in our basement. Super easy, quite cheap, and a heck of a lot of fun! Tomorrow morning I will fill some cute little plastic pumpkins with candy corns and hide them for the pumpkin hunt, and I took some orange poster board and cut out a big pumpkin, and some black eyes, nose, and mouth for pin the face on the pumpkin. Just a few fun games that little children love.

1 comment:

  1. This is just too CUTE...I love it!
    You did a great job...I bet the kids had a lot of fun with this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS