Monday, November 15, 2010

Scrap Ribbon Christmas Tree

Christmas Already?? You bet!

I made this cute little scrap ribbon tree the other day. I only used things I had on hand. I think it turned out really cute and would make a fun gift. I really like how it turned out. First I gathered random scraps. White broadcloth fabric, white organza fabric, various ribbons, and my bedazzler (I know, welcome to the 80's). I actually just received the bedazzler in October as a birthday gift. LOL
I took a piece of scrapbook paper and fit it to my frame backing, I did not use the glass. After that I just cut out a little Christmas tree by hand in the cotton and fit it to my cheap 8x10 frame I had lying around. I frey-checked the edge just to prevent major freying.


I wanted to give it a little kick so I found some white organza in my stash and cut out the tree to match. It wasn't perfect, but I was going for the imperfect scrappy look. Next I cut out the various ribbons and rick rack I had into different lengths across my tree.
 I started glueing them down and then came the bedazzler! I grabbed a few styles and randomly added them as "ornaments" to my ribbon tree.
Then I glued the whole tree onto the paper in frame. I really love it, its quite adorable and unique. Better yet it cost me $0 using all stuff I had on hand! These would make a fun gift.
linking to:








Keeping It Simple
The Girl Creative
Making
Today's Creative
Show and Tell Green



giveaways
HookingupwithHoH
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend      wrap    up           party!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this is too sweet! I think the girls and I will have to make one of these this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute - my eight year old would love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It really was fun and I think its pretty adorable. It would be super easy for older kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The old Bedazzler! LOL! This looks so cute and I love that you used scrap ribbon! Hope you'll share this cutie over at my Holiday Hookup party!!

    http://kraftykat76.blogspot.com/2010/11/holiday-hookup-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS