Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Healthy Green Smoothie & Juicing

I've heard a lot about juicing lately, and decided to give it a try. My sister bought a juicer a few months ago and has been juicing a lot and so she provided me with my first experience on juicing. 
For my first (and most favorite) juice, she did 1 green apple, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 lemon, and a bunch of kale( not sure of exact measurement).
As you can see, it made this bright green healthy smoothie. I'll tell you right now this was sour...and I loved it. It almost tasted like those virgin margarita's I love so much. Just needed some salt on the rim. :)
Over the course of the week I was home we juiced beets, carrots, cucumbers, kale, lemons, mangoes, swiss chard, apples, basically anything we could get our hands on. Overall, this more sour one was my favorite. After having my first experience with juicing...here are my thoughts. I think it is pretty awesome, and I especially love the ability to use fruits and veggies that you may be less likely to eat or use in a dish before they expire. Love the health benefits too! With that being said, the biggest drawback I see is having to clean the juicer. I really can't picture myself wanting to pull out the mess for a cup of juice, ya know? Definitely something to think about and overall the experience was pretty positive. I see why it's become such a "thing" to do. :)
Want updates and spoilers on projects and ideas?  Come like me on facebook , twitter, and Google + to keep up on whats up next!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
I'm join these fabulous link parties each week: Flamingo Toes,  I heart naptime, Under the table and dreaming, Not your ordinary Recipes, Not just a housewife, The Project Queen, Creating my way to success, Craft Couture, Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Sumos Sweet Stuff, The Kurtz Corner,  Krafty Kat, Polly want a Crafter, Blue Cricket Design, Southern Lovely, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Women who do it all, Eisy Morgan, Laugh, Love, Craft,  Clean and Scentsible,  House of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Shabby Nest, The Speckled Dog, Tatortots & Jello, Simply Designing, Chic on a Shoestring, Just a Girl ,Someday Crafts, Reasons to skip the housework,  The Idea Room ,Between U and Me,   Home Saavy, Pocket full of pink,  , Positively Splendid,  Raising 4 Princesses , One Stop Shoppe,Oopsey Daisy,  Its Overflowing, The D.I.Y. Dreamer ,Serendipity & Spice, Rae Gun Ramblings, ,Crafty blog stalker , CSI Project, 36th Avenue, Real housewives of Riverton ,The rustic pig , Clever Chicks Blog Hop ,Osie Moats, Sassy Little Lady , Decorated Chaos ,  Little Mom on the Prairie, Skip to My Lou , Real thing with the Coake Family

4 comments:

  1. I do love green smoothies and have never tried juicing. I'm kind of afraid of the nightmares I've heard of with cleaning the juicer. Is it bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nit to bad as long as you have a garbage disposal in your sink...but still quite time consuming!

      Delete
  2. I have heard that more often than not - cleaning the juicer is the biggest drawback. That's why I stuck to a blender. Your blog is darling, by the way. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I agree that is the biggest drawback for sure! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS