Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Homemade Buttermilk Pancakes

2 C. Flour
2 Tbsp. Sugar
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 eggs(full batch) 2 eggs(small batch)
2 C. Buttermilk
1/4 C. Melted Butter
*up to 1/2 milk(add if you need to make batter pourable)

           :Mix dry ingredients in 1 bowl.  In another bowl, beat eggs and buttermilk. Melt butter and pour over dry ingredients and then add buttermilk/egg mixture. Mix with whisk just until blended. *Add enough milk to make batter pourable (I use no more than 1 Tbsp usually). Pour drop-fulls of batter on skillet. Turn over when golden. Enjoy! (what if you don't have buttermilk? Make your own! 1 cup milk + 1 Tbls Vinegar or Lemon juice= 1 C. Buttermilk)

For my son's birthday, I decided to wake up and make him a stack of homemade pancakes to start off the day. These are so good. (Sooo much better than the mix stuff. Trust me your family will love you for making these. And they are easy!) We love these, and so I made them and piled them up with a candle on top! Needless to say, he loved it until I tried to take his picture. At that point he ran upstairs to his bedroom crying saying "I hate pictures!" Then, I hear this, "this is the worst birthday ever!" Yep, way to go supermom. 


Wish someone would have told me that raising a 4/5 year old boy is like raising a 13 year old girl. E-M-O-T-I-O-N-S!!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS