Monday, December 13, 2010

Ruffle Tree

 Another ruffle tree I made to accent my bead tree. It was a bit more time consuming but I love how it turned out. Here are my supplies. I got a styrofoam from HL with a 40% off coupon and a yard of natural muslin. You could also use felt or another fabric but I wanted a daintier look than felt offers so I went with muslin. I also used satin pins...not showed here, I had those already.

First cut out lots of circles. I was not precise. I just cut a general circle maybe like 2" in diameter roughly. Not all were the same size, just close to the same size. This takes LOTS of circles. I did like 3 different stacks like the one below. It depends on how full you want it.
Take your circle, fold in half, then in half again. Put the pin in the end and push into the styrofoam. As you go you can turn and twist the direction of the ruffled circles to get the look your going for.
Still in progress...


Here is my finished product, I love it. I love it so much that I think this baby may stay out after Christmas. I really love it.


Now I gotta get my house cleaned, laundry done, gifts wrapped, and my bags packed because we head on vacation in 2 days! I'm so excited! I will probably be pretty MIA here though until January! I might pop in but for the most part it will be family time.

linking to:

Making

Keeping It Simple

3 comments:

  1. I think that your tree came out lovely! And, because I have a cone in my supplies, I just may have to make one for myself! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the one with beads too! So adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did one of these for Christmas but it took so long I stopped halfway through. LOL. Maybe next Christmas I'll finish it!?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS