Monday, May 17, 2010


Chocolate Covered Cake Balls

Cake mix(+ingredients to make it)
1 container store bought frosting
2 bags chocolate chips

You can pick any flavor cake mix, any flavor frosting, and any kind chocolate chips. For this recipe I tried German Chocolate Cake, Cream Cheese Frosting, and White chocolate chips. I think that I would have like yellow cake mix or devils food better. The german chocolate wasn't rich enough for me!

Step 1: Bake the cake as directed.


Step 2: Let it cool enough to handle but it's still warm. Dump it in a bowl and mix it with the frosting.


Step 3: Put this mixture in the fridge overnight, or for a few hours, until you can ball it up easily without it falling apart. Roll them into aprox. 1 inch balls, like a cookie dough ball. After they're all balled up put them in the fridge to harden up again.

Step 4: Next, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. I added about 1-2 Tbsp. canola oil to help make the the chocolate easier to work with. It only takes a minute or two., don't overcook! Just remember even if the chips aren't melted just mix with a spoon and they will melt more. Then, dip the balls into the chocolate, coating it completely. This was the most annoying part, but sure makes them look pretty right? I meant to drizzle milk chocolate on top of them, but I didn't have any. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS