Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Family Sign {handpainted}


Those of you who are following me over on facebook already saw a sneak peak of my gallery wall. I am almost finished up and can't wait to post the reveal. I have been working on it all summer! I tend to have trouble making decisions. Anyways, in the middle of the pictures I wanted a family saying. Here is what I came up with. {Together we make a FAMILY}. I first painted my wood board (I have this routered edged board for a while) a flat white paint. Then I cut out a stencil with my sillouette on cardstock.


I got it all set out and taped it down to the board. Then got my paint ready. I used my handy accent paint that I used on my Mail Organizer,and my wood crate redo. It matches my accent colors in my living room very well.
I just dabbed on the paint lightly and held the cardstock down the best I could. I liked the effect it gave of being handpainted. It can be tricky when the cardstock gets wet and tries to lift so go slow and don't use too much paint at once.
All done painting...love it. Now to add a vinyl overlay. I cut out black vinyl with my sillouette and applied it over top the paint.
And here it is. I think it looks great and fits the style of the room well.


























Want updates on projects and ideas? Come like me on facebook and twitter to keep up on whats up next! I am working on 2013 items and will keep you updated so be sure to stay tuned!

I'm join these fabulous link parties each week: Flamingo ToesI heart naptime, Under the table and dreaming, Not your ordinary Recipes, Not just a housewife, The Project Queen, Creating my way to success, Craft Couture, Funky Polkadot Giraffe,The Kurtz Corner Krafty Kat, Polly want a Crafter, Blue Cricket Design, Southern Lovely, Ginger Snap Crafts,  Women who do it all, Eisy Morgan, Laugh, Love, CraftClean & ScentsibleHouse of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, The Shabby Creek Cottage, The Shabby Nest, The Speckled Dog, Tatortots & Jello, Simply Designing, Chic on a Shoestring, Just a Girl ,Someday Crafts, Reasons to skip the housework,  The Idea Room ,Between U and Me,   Home Saavy
Pocket full of pink,  For the love of cupcakes, Positively SplendidRaising 4 Princesses , One Stop Shoppe,Oopsey Daisy
 Its Overflowing, The D.I.Y. Dreamer ,Serendipity & Spice, Rae Gun Ramblings, ,Crafty blog stalker , CSI Project,
36th Avenue, Real housewives of Riverton


2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS