Saturday, May 25, 2013

Life Updates & Announcement

I had big plans for 2013! I have a huge to do list and so many unfinished projects just waiting to be done. I am learning, however that sometimes life just gets in the way. I am sure you guys have noticed that I haven't been posting as much as I would like. The past few months have been a bit rough and I am finally going to explain why. I have shared before how we would love to have more children and how heartbreaking that process has been. In February I found out I was once again expecting. I was nervous and so scared considering what my last experience was like (I shared that here). For the first 14 or so weeks I was quite sick. I am not sure if it was the progesterone injections or just general morning sickness but it was hard to get out of bed because I was so dizzy and nauseous. I was also told to take it easy because they were concerned about my cervix. I am high risk and was sent to high risk perinatologists 4 1/2 hours away for check ups every 2 weeks. That has led me to be out of town a lot. Last week during an ultrasound they found that my cervix was indeed thinning and funneling quite a bit and we discussed my past history and options with my drs. We decided that doing a cerclage (stitching my cervix shut) was the best option to keep our baby.
 I went in for surgery on thursday and am now on bedrest. I feel at peace with the decision and am hopeful we will be successful in keeping this baby to term. I am also hopeful that I won't have to be on complete bedrest the rest of my pregnancy...time will tell. So long story short...I am disappointed while looking around at all my blog plans and fun projects yet to be completed that I know will continue to be on the back burner. Yet I know that my first priority is my little baby. I plan to keep blogging...but I doubt I will be around much. I know that I need to rest, take it easy, and focus on what matters most. I just wanted to give you all a heads up and let you know why I have been so absent. I hope you'll continue to join me for Crafty Tuesdays and I hope that I will still have fun posts here and there to share. :) Oh and if you were curious I am 19 weeks so I still have a ways to go.

Want updates and spoilers on projects and ideas?  Come like me on facebook , twitter, and Google + to keep up on whats up next!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

22 comments:

  1. Wishing and praying for the best for you and your little one. Sometimes a break from it all is the best way to recharge and reprioritize. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing that technology can do so much now. Really praying that this little baby stays put for at 15 more weeks. Will be praying GOD bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you and your baby only the best, Marie. You will be in my thoughts every day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thanks for sharing. Glad you have your priorities right! Saying lots of prayers for u!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just take care of yourself and your little baby. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessing to you and your Baby! Take a well deserved rest,and take care of yourself!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that they Dr's are able to give you the care you need so you can make it to term. I'm sure it can be frustrating to have hopes and dreams for the blog as well and not be able to take care of them right now, but we will all be here when this season of your life is over. Take care of you and that baby.
    Thinking of you,
    KC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck, keep rested. All those blog plans will still be there when you and your family are ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congradulations on your bun in the oven! Take it easy and do what is best for you and the baby.

    Hugs!

    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos
    http://decoratedchaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing with us Marie. Praying that you and your baby will remain healthy and that you'll find an unexpected blessing in the time of rest. Thank you for continuing to have your great party. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your little one, and I'm so happy to see you taking it easy! Blog plans can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You your partner and your little one are in my thoughts. Stay rested and I look forward to more happy news.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful that you are going to be able to have a wonderful dream come true! A new baby is the most wonderful time in your life and you should enjoy this time to its fullest! Prayers coming your way that you are comfortable and content during this time! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the baby! Do not feel one bit guilty about not doing as much on your blog. The most important thing you can do is make sure that you and your baby are healthy. Sending lots of love!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for the understanding and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations for your baby! I wish the best for both!
    Have a lovely time!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marie, many congrats and positive vibes your way. Rest well and know that we will still be here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. No worries about your blog. We will stay. Wish you all the best for the next weeks.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I found your blog a few weeks ago while on a search for printables for my home management notebook. Thank you soooooo much for the lovely printables- I am really enjoying them and they are exactly the look I wanted and just perfect! I am keeping you in my prayers, that God may just hold you and your little one in the palm of His hand and keep both of you safe. And congratulations! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet sweet Marie! I'm a new (and not very consistent) follower so don't really "know" you well, but I am praying for you and your little one. Nobody knows why God makes things happen, but I believe everything is for a reason and I am praying that it is His will for this baby to make it. I love your posts and will continue to "check in" on you so please keep us posted on your condition.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending special prayers to you, and your precious baby. Take care of yourself. I'll continue to check in.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS