Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Bathroom Closet...

 Let's just say this has closet has been in a sorry state of affairs for quite a while now. It seems that it was the go to 'throw it' place. I had a few organizing containers...just waiting for me to organize and I finally made myself sit down and tackle this closet! Yep, here she is in all her glory. Notice the cotton balls and qtips? Wrinkled piles of beach and bath towels. As you can see this was driving me nuts! One of my biggest complaints about organization and looking pretty is functionality. Yes, I could have made this a gorgeous closet with apothecary jars and more beautiful containers that would have hid this stuff better...but for what purpose? I would have loved the look...but my husband would have had stuff scattered all over our vanity because if it takes him more than a minute to get something out...chances are he is never going to put it back away. This equals more work for me in the long run. So in our house we have to find that balance of cuteness...and practicality. So after an hour of taking everything out of the closet and starting from scratch here is the final product.


 A little better right?
 I really wanted an easy solution to get to my blow dryer, straightener, curling irons, etc. I knew I could throw them in a cute tote or something...but I like to have fast easy access and this has been so easy to maintain. I have realized if it is too annoying to get in and out...then it never gets put away!
 These baskets, I believe came from target, and they hold all the extra supplies. Soaps, lotions, cotton balls, etc. Notice the cute little qtip basket for easy access.
 I got these crates on back to school clearance. Perfect for holding our bath towels.
 All my face, hair, and beauty products(razors, shave gel, perfume) easily accessible and visible. I keep my makeup in my makeup drawer but these are the bigger items.


And there ya have it...nothing spectacular...but sometimes just a little organization in a small space makes a BIG impact.

Want updates on projects and ideas? Come like me on facebook and twitter to keep up on whats up next! I am working on 2013 items and will keep you updated so be sure to stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I think this is amazing! What a great idea! Your husband must love it too! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been tryin to figure out what I want to do in my closets, so thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the before & afters! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS